About our program
Prepare for a rewarding career in the field of health care with Herzing College’s 12-month online Medical Office Assistant program!
- Get the administrative, software and communication skills required to pursue employment opportunities in hospitals, family clinics, dental offices, extended care facilities, walk-in clinics and more.
- As the first person of contact, medical office assistants play a key role in ensuring that the office runs smoothly and efficiently.
- You will learn to greet patients, answer phones and direct phone calls, process billing and health insurance, prepare patient charts, manage inventory and assist with minor medical procedures.
- You will get hands-on training in Microsoft Office applications and healthcare software and study transcription, clinical and laboratory procedures, Anatomy, Physiology, First Aid and CPR.
- A 6-week internship gives you hands-on experience as you apply your new skills in a real-world work environment.
Enjoy flexible online classes
Our Medical Office Assistant program is offered online, giving you the flexibility to create a personalized class schedule without compromising your work, family or other life commitments. There’s never been a better time – or a better way! – to launch a new career.
Ready to learn more?
Be career-ready in months! Use our form to get in touch and we’ll happily answer any questions you may have about enrolment, online delivery, financing options and more.
International students studying at Herzing College do not qualify for the Post Graduation Work Permit.